I expect this process to be consistently updated as others give input and make suggestions on how to make it more efficient. With that I have added a change log at the bottom of the post so that you can see the evolution of a work process.
Concept > Creation > Implementation > Feedback > Revision
- Define a niche
- Find a relevant site
- Find the most active writer/webmaster on the site
- Find their Twitter profile, follow them
- Find the primary time(s) in the day they are socially active
- Find the “sweet spot” when they are not interacting with alot with others (or at work) but are still posting updates
- Over one (1) week contact them in a relevant, meaningful way at least twice (2) a day.
- Attempt to add them on Linked In after you’ve built rapport.
- Easier to find them again for future contact than on Twitter
- Linked In is a good gauge for whether or not they truely value your connection (People “generally” closely value their Linked In connections).
- Once added on Linked In talk to them about a guest blog post.
- Conceive an idea
- Pitch the post idea
- Get feedback
- Proceed with post
- Reconceptualize post topic
- Pitch new idea
- Get final approval
- Post that beast!
- Check back for comments
- First (1) week
- Second (2) week
- Third (3) week
- Sixth (6) week